These rules and procedures are for your safety. Lifeguards are authorized to enforce all rules. The JCC pool operates under American Red Cross recommended guidelines.
- No swimming without a lifeguard on duty.
- Children under 11 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- No child under the age of 4 may go off the diving boards!
- Diving is prohibited at the Metairie pool.
- The JCC and the pool are designated non-smoking areas.
- Proper swim attire is required.
- No glass objects in pool area.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the pool deck.
- Arm wings are not allowed; however, swim vests are available at the pool to use free of charge. (See lifeguard for details.)
- No face masks that obstruct the nose, rafts, hard plastic toys or noodles are allowed in the pool.
- Baby pool is for ages 4 and under.
- Non-swimmers must stay in shallow water, accompanied by an adult.
- Running on the deck, hanging on lane lines and rough-play are prohibited.
- There will be a 10-minute rest period for people under 18 years of age every hour during open swim period.
- Roped off lanes are reserved for lap swimmers.
- Children who are not potty trained must wear swim diapers and a bathing suit. Disposable diapers are not allowed in the baby pool or the big pool. Swim diapers are available at the Fitness Desk Uptown and the Front Desk in Metairie, for a small fee.
- All members must show their membership cards to gain entry to the pool. All guests must sign in and show a photo ID. Check in at the Fitness Desk Uptown and the Front Desk in Metairie.
- The JCC reserves the right to revoke the swimming privileges of those members who do not follow pool rules and regulations.
Swim Diapers are Required!
To avoid pool closings and to ensure fun for everyone, infants who are not potty-trained are required to wear swim diapers in the JCC pools at all times! Swim Diapers are available at the JCC Fitness Desk, Uptown, and the Front Desk in Metairie, for a small fee.