Mind Matters is designed specifically for those concerned about their memory. In this boot camp for the mind you will discover techniques to improve memory, participate in stimulating discussions and learn from others undergoing similar challenges. For more information or to register, contact Allison Freeman, Mind Matters Director, at 504.897.0143 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 2 - June 13
Tuesdays, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Ages: 50 to 95
Instructor: Allison Freeman / Joanna Russo
New Orleans JCC - Uptown
Course materials are provided.
This program is open to the public. You don’t have to be a JCC member to participate.
Mind Matters is a proactive weekly course for those concerned about their memory
- Learn about factors that affect memory
- Develop memory strategies
- Participate in group discussions
- Learn brain health information
- Use the arts in cognitive exercises
- Take your learning out of the classroom with occasional outings
- Exercise – your physical health helps your mental health
- Enhance and continue lessons learned in class with weekly homework
Sessions are facilitated by a Licensed Certified Clinical Social Worker (LCSW ). Scholarships available based on need.