Camp Job Opportunities
Being part of the JCC Summer Day Camp staff is a unique and rewarding experience. Teachers, college students and high school students all have a place on our staff. We also offer a Counselor-in-Training (CIT) program for students entering the 9th and 10th grades.
Interested in applying to join our summer staff team?
A limited number of positions are still available.
Please complete the 2016 Summer Day Camp Staff Application
Drama Specialist - Uptown
- Must be a high school graduate to apply.
- At least 2 years experience in drama instruction with children ages 3 – 11.
- Able to provide a written curriculum
- Able to prepare performances to be held every other week.
- Ability to instruct and engage with a group of children in a classroom setting with a wide variety of experience.
- Significant experience in creative lesson planning for 45-minute blocks of time.
- Must commit to the full 8 week camp season.
Head Counselor - Metairie
- College graduates with at least 2 years experience with children OR applicants with 4 or more years of camping experience.
- Main responsibilities include: developing classroom activities, serving as the primary responder to all behavioral issues, mediating conflicts, and working with Camp Director to initiate communication with parents. Also responsible for knowing each camper’s special needs (physical, emotional, family and psychological issues, medications, allergies, dynamics between campers, etc.)
- Engage in specialist activities (drama, arts and crafts, sports, etc.), actively participate in free swim sessions, and aid lifeguards to ensure pool safety.
- Must be comfortable directing and supervising support staff, working with children in a classroom setting, and managing conflicts.
- Skills required: organization, creativity, the ability to ensure the safety of your campers at all times, delegation of daily responsibilities, maintenance of accurate attendance logs, etc.
- Must set a positive example for his/her peers and younger staff members.
- Reports directly to the Camp Director
- Salary is based on experience.
For more information contact:
Uptown Camp Director, Laura Hanft, at 897.0143 or email@example.com
Early Childhood Camp Director, Libby Vieira da Cunha, at 897.0143 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Metairie Camp Director, Katie Dunn, at 887.5158 or email@example.com