Camp Job Opportunities
Being part of the JCC Summer Day Camp staff is a unique and rewarding experience. Teachers, college students and high school students all have a place on our staff. We also offer a Counselor-in-Training (CIT) program for students entering the 9th and 10th grades.
JCC Summer Day Camp Job Descriptions
If you would like to be considered for a position as a counselor, specialist or CIT, please complete either the 2013 Counselor Application or the 2013 CIT Application and provide no less than two Reference Forms.
- College graduates with at least 2 years experience with children OR applicants with 4 or more years of camping experience.
- Main responsibilities include: developing classroom activities, serving as the primary responder to all behavioral issues, mediating conflicts, and working with Camp Director to initiate communication with parents. Also responsible for knowing each camper’s special needs (physical, emotional, family and psychological issues, medications, allergies, dynamics between campers, etc.)
- Engage in specialist activities (drama, arts and crafts, sports, etc.), actively participate in free swim sessions, and aid lifeguards to ensure pool safety.
- Must be comfortable directing and supervising support staff, working with children in a classroom setting, and managing conflicts.
- Skills required: organization, creativity, the ability to ensure the safety of your campers at all times, delegation of daily responsibilities, maintenance of accurate attendance logs, etc.
- Must set a positive example for his/her peers and younger staff members.
- Reports directly to the Camp Director
- Salary is based on experience.
Camp Chef (Uptown Only)
- Must be 18 or older to apply.
- Experienced at cooking either personally or professionally.
- Applicants must be well-organized, punctual, able to work independently as well as with others.
- Expected to cook about 100 lunches, five times a week.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of food products.
- Must be able to be on your feet for four hours without abreak, from 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM, approximately.
- Should be able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Must be available to work for the entire eight weeks of camp, June 10 - August 2.
For more information contact:
Uptown Camp Director, Ari Marks, at 897.0143 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Metairie Camp Director, Jessica Klein, at 887.5158 or email@example.com