Kicking for Kids
Kicking For Kids
Herman, Herman & Katz present a kickball tournament to "kick" off summer at the J and to benefit childrens and teen programming at the JCC....
Step up to the plate!
March 29, 2015
10:00 AM - 8:30 PM
- 12 Teams
- Double Elimination
- 12 - 22 people per team
- Ages 21 and up
- $400 per team
On Game Day, every player gets:
- T-shirt in your team's color
- Beer and water
- Food throughout the day
- Waived joining fee if you join the JCC at the gold level on game day
- Free babysitting is available for children ages 10 and under, but you must reserve a spot prior to the tournament.
- First 12 teams to sign up (and pay) will play.
- Captain must attend a Captains Meeting prior to tournament start on tournament day.
- Each team must have at least one JCC member and at least four female players.
- All registrations with payment must be turned in by March 18.
- Final roster with t-shirt sizes is due March 18.
Let's get creative and strategic. Purchase "extras" from your umpire prior to beginning each game.
There is no limit on how many "extras" you may purchase, however, you may only use 2 of each type of "extra" per game.
All "extras" may be purchased with cash only.
Purchase the following before the game starts:
- Add an Out: $25 - On the kicking team, if your captain wants to give the team one more chance, give the umpire your "add an out" card. This will take away one out from the count. (Example: If you are at 2 outs, you will go back down to 1.)
- Extra Foul: $5
- Steal a base: $10 - On the kicking team, if you get to first base, use your "steal a base" card to advance one base. (You can't steal home.)
- Take an out away: $25 - On the field team, if you want the inning to end earlier, use your "take an out away" card to take an out from the kicking team.
Captains can take advantage of these deals at the captain's meeting before the tournament begins.
- Out Package: Buy 3 outs, get one free
- Take away an out package: Buy 3, get one free
- Buy one of each "extra" for $50 (save $25)