Rules & Guidelines
To ensure the comfort and safety of all members, please observe the following rules and regulations. Lifeguards are authorized to enforce all rules. The JCC pool operates under American Red Cross recommended guidelines.
- No swimming without a lifeguard on duty.
- Children under 11 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and must be within arms length of any child in the water who cannot swim.
- Refrain from cell phone use while watching children at the pool.
- No diving! No running! No breath holding!
- The JCC and the pool are designated non-smoking areas.
- Proper swim attire is required. The supervisor on duty has discretion in determining whether specific swim attire is appropriate.
- Food and drink are not allowed within 3 feet of the pool. Chewing gum is not permitted in pools or on the pool deck.
- Glass containers, alcoholic beverages, drugs and pets are not permitted. Service animals are permitted in the pool area but not in the pool.
- Any person suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs shall be prohibited from entering the pool.
- Snorkels, face masks that obstruct the nose, rafts, hard plastic toys or noodles are not allowed in the pool.
- Swim toys, small balls and the like may be used at the discretion of the supervisor on duty.
- Splash pool is for ages 5 and under.
- Non-swimmers must be accompanied by an adult and must wear a JCC-provided Personal Flotation Device. Water wings may not be worn.
- Running, roughhousing and boisterous play, using foul language, dunking, hanging on lane lines, improper conduct causing unique disruption or damage and any acts which could endanger oneself or another individual are strictly prohibited.
- There will be a 10-minute rest period for people under 18 years of age every hour during open swim period.
- Roped off lanes are reserved for lap swimmers and swim testing.
- Persons having or reasonably suspected to have any know or recognizable contagious communicable diseases, cough, cold, cuts, open sores, blisters, bandaged wounds, fever, inflammation of the eyes, nasal or ear discharges shall not be allowed to enter the pool.
- Spitting, urinating, blowing of the nose, spouting of water or depositing foreign matter in the pool shall be strictly prohibited.
- Use of pool shall be prohibited during lightening, thunder, and severe weather conditions at the discretion of the supervisor on duty.
- Infants/children who are not toilet trained and adults who are incontinent, who wish to enter the pool, must wear a disposable swim diaper covered by separate rubber/vinyl pants, all of which must fit snugly around the legs and waist.
- Any injury occurring in the pool area must be reported to a lifeguard or pool supervisor immediately.
- Any adult or child who is experiencing even a mild case of diarrhea may not use the pool. Persons with diarrhea should wait after symptoms end before returning to the pool.
- The use of starting blocks is restricted to approved swim practices, swim meets and instructional programs only under the supervision of a certified Water Safety Instructor or swim coach.
- Check in at the Fitness Desk to gain entry to the pool area. All members must show their membership cards or a photo ID. All guests must show a photo ID, sign in and complete the guest waiver form to gain admission.
- The JCC reserves the right to revoke the swimming privileges of those members and guests who do not follow pool rules and regulations.
Swim Diapers are Required!
To avoid pool closings and to ensure fun for everyone, infants who are not potty-trained are required to wear swim diapers in the JCC pools at all times! Swim Diapers are available at the JCC Fitness Desk, Uptown for a small fee.
For more information contact:
UPTOWN: Kathleen Kennair at 504.897.0143 or firstname.lastname@example.org.