Breakfast Banana Split
Remember all the times you wanted ice cream for breakfast? Well now you can... kind of. The breakfast banana split that will surely make your morning.
1 banana, ½ cup strawberry Greek yogurt, ¼ cup blackberries, ¼ cup raspberries, ½ cup granola, mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Place container of yogurt in the freezer until firm, not frozen solid, just scoop-able.
- Scoop out two scoops of yogurt and place each scoop in a separate paper muffin liner.
- Put back in the freezer until ready to use.
- Split banana in half.
- Add 2 scoops of frozen yogurt
- Add berries, granola and chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately
Hummus and Grilled Vegetable Wrap
This meal is yummy no matter how you roll it! Each wrap is packed with 12 grams of protein, even without any meat or fish. Lunch never looked so good!
2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, Pinch freshly ground black pepper, 1 cup store-bought hummus, 4 pieces whole-wheat wrap bread (about 9 inches in diameter), 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted, 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced, 2 ounces baby spinach leaves (2 cups lightly packed), 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced into half moons
Preheat the grill or grill pan over medium heat. Brush both sides of the zucchini slices with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Grill until tender and slightly browned, about 4 minutes per side.
Spread 1/4 cup of the hummus over each piece of bread. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of pine nuts on top. Top with 3 slices of zucchini, 2 pieces of red pepper, 1/2 cup of the spinach, a few sliced onions, and 1 tablespoon of the mint. Roll each of them up and cut in half on a diagonal.
Pizza for dinner? Yes! But at less than 300 calories for half the pie, this is a pizza recipe you can enjoy sans guilt.
600 g cauliflower, grated (about 1/2 a large head), 1 large egg, lightly beaten, 300 g shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, 60 g tomato sauce, 230 g grape tomatoes, sliced in half, 2 cloves garlic, sliced, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 425ºF (Gas Mark 7).
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles. Place in a large bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool.
- Mix in the egg, 240 g mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared pizza pan. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, 60 g mozzarella, grape tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, another 10 minutes. Top with basil before serving.