The temperatures have dropped and we’re already halfway through the school year. Summer, especially summer camp, might feel like a distant memory. But here at the JCC, we work hard to keep those silly summer camp feelings around us all year long. With our help, you can too!
If you find yourself missing camp more and more every day, check out these ways to reminisce about your favorite camp memories. Remember to stay loose and funky, y’all!
- Join us for our inaugural Camp Reunion on January 24 at 5:30 PM. We will be serving breakfast for dinner (pancakes, eggs, fruit, yogurt) and hosting fun camp activities all night long! Bring the whole family to reconnect with friends from the summer, dance, sing, play camp games, make bracelets, and more.
- Brush up on your camp dance moves by listening to “I Get Loose” and “All I Eat is Pizza” by Koo Koo Kanga Roo!
All I Eat is Pizza!! Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na…
- Order your Shabbat challah from Kosher Cajun. (PROTIP: use your leftover Challah to make French Toast!)
- Sing the Ha’motzi before a meal! Click here for a refresher on the words.
- Make a camp picture frame. All you need are popsicle sticks and glue to treasure your camp memories.
- Reconnect with friends from camp by attending JCC Mini Camps and Schools Out Days.
- Host your own Kindness March with your family and friends. Spread Kindness like confetti! Talk about what kindness means and how you can continue to be kind to everyone throughout the year.
- Play your favorite camp games. Get together with family and friends to make slime, play musical chairs, play charades, host a color war, or play “What Time Is It, Mr. Fox.”
- Devote a quiet evening to camp-themed storytime. Read some of your camper’s favorite books from the summer or take turns sharing your favorite camp story or memory.
From everyone here at the JCC -- we miss our camp families! Enjoy the rest of your school year and be sure to join us at the 2019 Camp Reunion to make even more awesome camp memories.