At our annual meeting on Sunday, January 20, we had the opportunity to revisit some of the highlights of the past year. Here are some of the achievements and memories from 2018 that we are most proud of:
- The opening of Buzzy’s Pool, our first-ever indoor pool. With this new space, we are now able to offer year-round swim instruction and water workouts.
- Introducing year-round lap swimming in the outdoor pool, creating a dedicated community of swimmers.
- Winning Best Nursery/Preschool in Gambit’s 2018 Best of New Orleans Reader’s Poll.
- Celebrating a successful Capital Campaign, which raised nearly $10 million to prepare the JCC for future generations.
- Leading the second annual Summer Camp Kindness March with Grand Marshalls Alon and Emily Shaya. The March was also recognized for excellence by the Jewish Community Center Association of North America.
- Helping adoptable dogs find forever homes after introducing Dog Pilates and Puppy Pilates in partnership with Zeus’ Rescues.
- Welcoming incredible speakers, authors, and performers including Cantor Azi Schwartz, Kermit Ruffins, Alon Shaya, Nefesh Mountain, among many others.
- Hosting the inaugural Sukkot Family Dinner Uptown and Family Fun Day in Metairie.
- Partnering with the NOLA Grannies Project to help create care kits for asylum seekers.
- Celebrating the first year of the Oscar J. Tolmas Dance for Parkinson's Program, which was honored with the Rosina K. Sapir Community Service Award.
- Helping members mix up their workout routines with special exercise classes like holiday Triple Threat workouts, Winter Solstice Yoga, Sunset Yoga, and even a Rave Ride (join us for Rave Ride 2.0 on February 5!).
- Launching J-Perks, a program that provides discounts and perks to JCC members at favorite retail partners around town.
Check out the video below to reflect on a year packed full of fun. We look forward to reaching new milestones and making more memories with all of our members this year.