Kendra Siani is a music specialist for the New Orleans JCC Nursery School and Pre-K. Follow along with Miss Kendra step by step as she makes matzah balls for this year's Passover holiday.
- 1 cup matzah meal
- 2 or 3 eggs
- 1 onion
- salt and pepper
- Wash hands
- Clean surface
- Bring all ingredients into the mixing bowl
- Roll mix into balls
- Drop into boiling water and boil until ready (approximately 1 hour)
tips for parents
- This mix makes around 10-12 matzah balls. Encourage your children to make the balls about the size of meatballs so they won't fall apart.
- If you find the mix to be a little watery, add more matzah meal mix.
- Use 2 to 3 eggs depending on your desired consistency. More eggs = fluffier.
- You can also boil in chicken stock/broth and serve as soup.
- Serve with boiled carrots and matzah crackers.
While you're in the kitchen, you can also enjoy a special Passover song by Miss Kendra, Oh Listen Pharoh. We'd love to see photos of your little chefs in the kitchen, so be sure to post and tag the New Orleans JCC on social media.