The JCC Nursery School and Pre-K enriches a child’s natural love of learning and encourages growth in social, emotional, cognitive and physical development. Our program offers a play based child centered curriculum for ages 13 months through 5 years of age. Families of all faiths are welcome.
Our community embraces children through education, sports, and family activities. Located in the Uptown JCC, the JCC Nursery School has acted as a pillar of early childhood education in New Orleans for over half-a-century.
Tour Our School
Tours are held every Tuesday at 9:30 AM from October 8 to April 28*
See firsthand classroom interaction, daily activities, and our facilities. Although children are always welcome, you may find that it is easier to focus without them attending. Meet at the front entrance on St. Charles Avenue. No need to RSVP.
*Due to holiday closures, no tours on January 1 or February 25
How to Enroll
1. Attend a JCC Nursery School tour and complete short form to indicate interest in registering.
2. Returning JCC Nursery School families receive top priority for placement for the upcoming school year and will be contacted by the Early Childhood Director by January 1. New families will be offered space, based on availability, for the following August beginning in February. Contact Adrienne Shulman to check your status on the interest list.
3. JCC membership is required upon your child's enrollment in Nursery School. Upon receiving an offer to attend Nursery School, the following action is required:
Once you have been approved for registration, it will be necessary to complete ALL paperwork and secure your spot with a deposit. Due to the sometimes rapid change in availability and wait list process, registration can only be secured with your deposit.
"I'm so happy we chose the JCC to start our child's early education! He has grown by educational leaps and bounds, I am highly impressed, but most of all I truly believe he is loved and cared for by everyone in the building."
- Tiffany, JCC Nursery School parent
"My 3 granddaughters have been attending JCC since they were 1 1/2. I can’t say enough about the JCC program/s— the teachers, environment, learning & practicing kindness. One of my favorite sayings my granddaughters were taught by you, 'Peace begins with me.' When they’re 'arguing' I will say, 'Peace begins with WHO?' It stops them dead in their tracks!"
- Pamela, JCC Nursery School grandparent
"Wish we could keep our daughter there forever. She loves it."
- Andrew, JCC Nursery School parent
The Jewish Federation of Greater New Orleans, Jewish Family Service of Greater New Orleans, and the Jewish Endowment Foundation of Louisiana have partnered with a number of area synagogues to create a Jewish community response helpline program for problems related to the novel coronavirus pandemic....
Utilizing the newly created JCC Camp Facebook Group, our Assistant Camp Director logged into Facebook Live and led camp families through favorite dances like "I Get Loose" and "All I Eat Is Pizza." WWL spotted Brigid in action and interviewed her for the Monday night news....