Recreational and lap swimming are offered at both Uptown and Metairie locations. Due to COVID-19 capacity restrictions, most activities require reservations and no guests are allowed.
Are you a lap swimmer at our Uptown location? Click here to join our lap swimmer email list for updates.
Uptown Pool Hours
Outdoor lap swimming in our six-lane pool will be available year-round as well as adult free swim in the indoor pool. When Aqua Fit takes place outside, two lanes will be available.
outdoor lap swim
Monday - Thursday, 5:30 AM - 10:30 AM and 4:00 - 7:00 PM
Friday, 5:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Saturday and Sunday, 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
INDOOR ADULT SWIM
Monday, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Tuesday and Wednesday, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Thursday, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Friday, 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Metairie Pool Hours
Swimming at the Metairie J has closed for the season.
Reminder that all membership levels include access to the Uptown J outdoor pool.
Enhanced Safety Procedures
Members must complete a waiver prior to using the facility. Print and complete at home to save time, or fill one out after you check in. The parent or guardian member must complete prior to a minor's use of the facility.
Before your visit, please review nojcc.org/covidsafety for information about how we are keeping staff and members safe. We have also established rules specifically for pool users:
updated April 5, 2021
- Reservations are still required for group exercise, indoor and outdoor lap swimming.
- In accordance with Phase 3 occupancy guidelines, additional spaces have been added to the reservation system for outdoor lap swimming.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face covering when entering and moving throughout the facility.
- Fitness center locker rooms on the second floor will be available to Gold members for changing clothes and taking showers. Family locker rooms by the gymnasium remain closed at the time.
- Indoor pool locker rooms will be available for changing and showers with a maximum of two people at a time.
- Social distancing measures should still be observed while in the locker rooms, and masks are required in all areas except when showering.
- Bath towels will be available to Gold members at the fitness desk for showering only.
- During shifts, staff will frequently wash hands and disinfect frequent touchpoints (gates, furniture, handrails, guard equipment).
- Staff not on the guard stands will help enforce social distancing rules with members.
- Members must keep a distance of six (6) feet from others, not their party at all times, including at check-in, on the pool deck, and in the water.
- Minors under the age of 15 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian when checking into the facility and while on the pool deck or in the pool area.
- Tables and chairs have been spread out to support physical distancing. Please do not rearrange furniture without approval from the pool supervisor.
- Family pool slide (Uptown) is not available for use at this time.
- To allow for social distancing during recreational swimming, please exit our Uptown pool using the Ranson Breezeway.
- No guests are allowed to use the facility at this time.
- No pool parties or rentals will be allowed during the 2021 recreational swim season.
Weather Cancelations (Uptown)
We will email closure information to everyone who is scheduled to swim, but will also send a text alert to those who have signed up for the text messaging system.
To opt into text messages, follow these steps:
- Log in to your member services account
- Select "Account Info"
- Select "Contact Info" and then click on the "Contact Preferences" button at the bottom right side of your screen
- Select your mobile phone number and then mark the checkboxes under "Subscribe to Confirmation Text" AND "Subscribe to Alert Text." You can also elect to receive reminder texts, but to receive the closure alerts you MUST check the other two boxes.
- Click on "Submit Changes" to save your preferences
Once you opt in, you will receive a text message from 72-480, which is the JCC code, asking you to CONFIRM. After you confirm, you will receive a "Thanks for joining Club Alerts," message. Neither message indicates it is from the JCC, but you can create a new contact associated with the 72-480 number to help you identify future messages as coming from the JCC.
Pool Rules & Guidelines
The JCC follows “Test, Mark, Protect” swim skills assessment for children ages 5 to 12. Read more at nojcc.org/testmarkprotect.
To ensure the comfort and safety of all members, please observe the following rules and regulations. Lifeguards are authorized to enforce all rules. The JCC pool operates under American Red Cross recommended guidelines.
- No swimming without a lifeguard on duty.
- Children under 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and must be within arms length of any child in the water who cannot swim.
- Children ages 5 - 12 will be tested to determine swim level.
- Refrain from cell phone use while watching children at the pool.
- No diving! No running! No breath holding!
- The JCC and the pool are designated non-smoking/non-vaping areas.
- Proper swim attire is required. The supervisor on duty has discretion in determining whether specific swim attire is appropriate.
- Food and drink are not allowed within 3 feet of the pool. Chewing gum is not permitted in pools or on the pool deck.
- Glass containers, alcoholic beverages, drugs and pets are not permitted.
- Service animals are permitted in the pool area but not in the pool. Emotional support animals are prohibited.
- Any person suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs shall be prohibited from entering the pool.
- Snorkels, face masks that obstruct the nose, rafts, hard plastic toys or noodles are not allowed in the pool.
- Swim toys, small balls and the like may be used at the discretion of the supervisor on duty.
- Splash pool is for ages 5 and under.
- Non-swimmers must be accompanied by an adult and must wear a JCC-provided Personal Flotation Device. Water wings may not be worn.
- Running, roughhousing and boisterous play, using foul language, dunking, hanging on lane lines, improper conduct causing unique disruption or damage and any acts which could endanger oneself or another individual are strictly prohibited.
- There will be a 10-minute rest period for people under 18 years of age every hour during open swim period.
- Roped off lanes are reserved for lap swimmers and swim testing.
- Persons having or reasonably suspected to have any known or recognizable contagious communicable diseases, cough, cold, cuts, open sores, blisters, bandaged wounds, fever, inflammation of the eyes, nasal or ear discharges shall not be allowed to enter the pool.
- Spitting, urinating, blowing of the nose, spouting of water or depositing foreign matter in the pool shall be strictly prohibited.
- Use of pool shall be prohibited during lightening, thunder, and severe weather conditions at the discretion of the supervisor on duty.
- Infants/children who are not toilet trained and adults who are incontinent, who wish to enter the pool, must wear a disposable swim diaper covered by separate rubber/vinyl pants, all of which must fit snugly around the legs and waist.
- Any injury occurring in the pool area must be reported to a lifeguard or pool supervisor immediately.
- Any adult or child who is experiencing even a mild case of diarrhea may not use the pool. Persons with diarrhea should wait after symptoms end before returning to the pool.
- The use of starting blocks is restricted to approved swim practices, swim meets and instructional programs only under the supervision of a certified Water Safety Instructor or swim coach.
- Check in at the Fitness Desk to gain entry to the pool area. All members must show their membership cards or a photo ID. All guests must show a photo ID, sign in and complete the guest waiver form to gain admission.
- The JCC reserves the right to revoke the swimming privileges of those members and guests who do not follow pool rules and regulations.